Interim measures are individualized supports to help those who may have experienced incidents of gender-based or sexual harassment, including sexual assault, participate in campus life at Harvard and continue with their studies or work.
Interim measures may be implemented at any time and may include:
- Course-related extensions and adjustments
- University-issued and enforced no contact orders
- Work and/or course schedule adjustments
- Changes in housing and seating
- Leaves of absence
- Increased monitoring of certain areas of the campus
These are just a few examples of interim measures. Title IX Coordinators work with students, faculty and staff to ensure that interim measures are individually tailored to meet each individual’s unique needs.
If you have questions about interim measures, do not hesitate to reach out to your School or Unit Title IX Coordinator.
It is important to know that you do not have to file a formal complaint with ODR or a report with HUPD in order to receive interim measures.