File a Formal Complaint

You may file a formal complaint alleging a violation of the University policies* by submitting the complaint to the University Title IX Coordinator at

Please remember that your formal complaint must be in writing. In addition, your formal complaint: 

  • must be a document or electronic submission
  • contain your physical or digital signature, or otherwise indicates that you are the person filing the formal complaint.
  • allege sexual harassment against an alleged harasser and request that the University investigate the allegation(s)
  • state the name of the alleged harasser (if known) and describe with reasonable specificity the incident(s) of alleged harassment, including the date and place of such incident(s).
  • must be in your own words, and may not be authored by others, including family members, advisors, or attorneys.
  • should have an attached list of any sources of information (for example, witnesses, correspondence, records, and the like) that the you believe may be relevant to the investigation. Your complaint should not be delayed if such sources of information are unknown or unavailable.

To learn more about the investigative process once a formal complaint is filed, please visit the Office for Dispute Resolution website.  

*Note, under the procedures pursuant to the Interim Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy, at the time of filing your formal complaint you must be participating in or attempting to participate in the education program or activity of the University.